Getting Help After Domestic Abuse Charges
A pattern of abusive behavior against an intimate partner is considered domestic abuse in Indiana. This kind of abuse can take place in the form of physical, emotional or sexual abuse, and the consequences of a conviction for these charges can cost you your freedom, reputation, relationships, and future.
At Defend Indiana, LLC, we understand the gravity of being charged with domestic violence or abuse charges. Even an accusation can be enough to disrupt your life, and our team of attorneys is here to help protect you throughout your entire defense case against domestic violence, battery or abuse charges.
Building a Defense Against These Charges
Many times, these violent crime cases can come down to your word against theirs, leaving you feeling overwhelmed and unable to defend yourself. As your legal representation, we will look at the details of your unique case to determine grounds for a valid defense like:
- You did not commit the crime – This is often proven with a credible alibi and by discrediting the evidence used to claim you were present at the time of the abuse.
- Your accuser is lying – By scrutinizing the plaintiff’s account of what happened, we will look to call attention to any discrepancies to suggest they are being untruthful.
- Self-defense – Your actions were solely in the interest of defending yourself.
- Accidental harm – We can prove any injuries or abuse the plaintiff suffered were the result of unintentional actions.
- Lack of evidence – For any charges to result in a conviction, the prosecution needs to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. We will fight to develop a defense that establishes that doubt.
We do not judge our clients by the charges they are facing. As we represent you throughout your case, our attorneys will provide you with the respect and compassion you need in such a difficult time while we build a defense strategy to protect your rights and future.
Experienced Help You Can Count On
If you are facing charges for harming your loved one, allow us to defend you. Hiring a lawyer is never a bad idea in cases like these, so contact us by calling 855-362-4788 or emailing us here to schedule your initial consultation. We serve clients across Indiana and are here for you.